Friday, January 30, 2009

*sigh* Taking pictures......not my forte!


I love taking pictures! And it's especially cool when your blogging to have lot's of picture to illustrate what your talking about. I love certain blogs for the great photos that are included in them, such as Pony Girl Rides Again. I aspire to take such great pictures myself, but always seem to fall short of those aspirations! The funny thing is I've taken some darn good photos of my past horses using of all things, a disposable camera! But since making the leap to digital I usually end of with blurry images about half the time. I'm really hoping that I can at least partially blame the camera :) but since I've only ever owned the one and don't know heck of a lot about them, I don't know if that will fly. I would also like to partly blame Lily, she has not mastered the "freeze and don't move a muscle for at least 30 seconds so I can take a lovely picture of you noble profile" command. We really need to work on that. So what I often end up with is the photo above.......noble profile cut in half, but at least it's not blurry! Yeah I know the dirty halter isn't so noble, but you know... I was going for one of those nitty gritty no frills kinda pictures (yeah right!) If anyone out there has any tips, PLEASE, tip away. Any camera suggestions too! My current model is a Konica Minolta Dimage E 500 if that means anything to anyone? Feel free to tell me how it's the worst digital ever made and that your surprised I was able to take any decent pictures with it at all (j/k) For those of you that are taking those fabulous pictures keep them coming so I can keep aspiring to do better!

No comments: