Friday, January 2, 2009

Row,Row,Row your boat............

right on down the road! The new year rolled into the Pacific Northwest along with a whole lot of wetness! We're know as the land of many waters around here and let me tell you all those many creeks and rivers have or are about to overflow! Lily had her own overflow problems not even related to the weather out side when her auto waterer broke (again) Poor soggy filly! She's got a nice dry stall again now and fortunately it didn't happen when it was so darn cold!
Lily and I conferred about our resolutions for 2009 today. She is completely commited to an increase in carrot consumption and I am commited to getting her to the trainer so we can get this show on the road and down the trail! I also need to get myself in better shape so that I don't hinder my horse once she's ready to go! All in all I think '09 is going to be a busy year, but busy it good! I wish everyone the best in the coming year.....Happiness,health and horses!

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Happy new year to you, too! I hear ya on the PacNW weather....although we're STILL getting snow! Today I was not happy with the icy slushy muddy half frozen pasture that my horse is living in! I just want it to be gone but it looks like it will be around a while....when oh when will spring be here?

Velvet Valeska said...

lol I hear you! Got a little sun going on outside at the moment, it's so nice to see! I'm so ready for spring too although last year here in Tillamook we got snow in April!!